Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Switching Gears - Switchcraft

So, I decided to put aside The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver for now. I've really been enjoying the book, but it is a slow read right now, since I am only reading during my lunch at work. I should have known that and not been so ambitious with my book choice, but what do you do. I'll keep plugging away at it, but I've decided to move on.


A couple of weeks ago, I was contacted through my blog by an author, Mary Castillo. She offered to send me a copy of her new book, Switchcraft, and I, of course, jumped on the chance to read it! Well, it came in the mail yesterday!!! And Mary Castillo signed it for me!! Thanks, Mary!!!

I started it during lunch yesterday, and so far I'm really enjoying it! It's a quick read, and pretty good chick lit!!

Here is a review:
From Publishers Weekly
Best friends Nely Mendoza and Aggie Portero share a life-changing switcheroo in Castillo's spirited romantic comedy. Past 30, curvy wife and mom Nely and hot, no-carb spitfire shop owner Aggie are a little jealous of each other's life. But after the two switch bodies during a transcendental meditation ceremony, they realize that the other's grass isn't necessarily greener. Aggie, who's been yearning for marriage and a baby, experiences some reality checks while taking care of Nely's toddler, and Simon, Nely's cop husband, all the while handling Simon's manipulative mother. Nely's challenges as Aggie include rescuing her friend's shop from financial meltdown, fending off a stalker and figuring out what's up with Aggie's playboy pal, chef Kevin Sanchez. Although the trading places idea isn't a fresh concept, Castillo's effervescent style and likable characters sweeten the deal. (Oct.)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oooo!! I am going to have to check out that book! Let me know how you like it :)

bridejenn said...

Definately let us know what the final verdict is. With all my free time I'll need something new when I finish Eat, Pray, Love.

Amanda said...

So you are reading a new book! You have to tell me how Switchcraft was :) And what is I Hate Other People's Kids??? IT sounds good :)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're liking it! It always makes me feel good when a librarian or booksellers enjoys one of my books because y'all have read everything!

Best,
Mary C.