Friday, October 19, 2007

Did you grow up in the 80s?

I know this has nothing to do with books or libraries or stupid patrons, but I just got this from a friend in my email. And while I wasn't BORN in the 80s, I definitely grew up in the 80s! I admit to doing/knowing MOST of these things!!

You know you grew up in the 80s if:

1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE.


2. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton


3. You know that 'WOAH' comes from Joey on Blossom


4. If you ever watched 'Fraggle Rock'


5. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.




6. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.


7. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.


8. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.

9. You played the game 'MASH'(Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)



10. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.


11. You know the profound meaning of ' WAX ON , WAX OFF'


12. You wanted to be a Goonie.


13. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us...head-to-toe)


14. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.

15. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.


16. You took lunch boxes to school...and traded Garbage Pail kids in the schoolyard.




17. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.


18. You still get the urge to say 'NOT' after every sentence.

19. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.


21. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes.

22. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying 'I know you are, but what am I?'


23. You remember 'I've fallen and I can't get up'


24. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.


25. You have ever played with a Skip-It.


26. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.


27. You remember watching both Gremlins movies.



28. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.



29. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.


30. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...and don't even flinch when people refer to them as 'NKOTB'


31. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on 'Saved By The Bell,' The ORIGINAL class.


32. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.


33. You just sang those words to yourself.

34. You still sing 'We are the World'


35. You tight rolled your jeans.


36. You owned a banana clip.


37. You remember 'Where's the Beef?'


38. You used to (and probably still do) say 'What you talkin' 'bout Willis?'

39. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you!

15 comments:

Kemely said...

Katie I love it!

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

#1-20....GUILTY!!!

The rest..I'm guilty of about half of them

SO FUN!

Rhonda said...

LOL....most of those applied to me! I was 10 at the start of the 80-s and 19 at the end....does that make me a child of the 80's?

Courtney said...

Guilty

Arielle Lee Bair said...

Haha! So true and hilarious! I loved every one! I am definitely a child of the 80s!

Mrs. Mighton said...

Oh my gosh! Those were too awesome! I am guilty of at least 90% of those -- Love it!

Me... said...

I'll be thinking about those years all night! The funny thing is that MASH is banned at my daughters school, they still play it though.......and she thought she was showing me something new!!

And her favorite show? It's not on your list, but Full House. Too funny to see her doing the same things I did at her age. Let's just hope she stops within the next couple years....

April Ziegler said...

LOL... I'm ashamed to admit how many of them I'm guilty of =)

shelby said...

GROAN! I am gonna be singing that song all day now!

:)

Christy said...

Love the 80's---music, tv shows, cartoons---everything rocked in the 80's! I've seen this through email, but thanks for posting pics too!

Molly's Mom said...

I knew just about all of them!!! I had forgotten about the MASH game, but can't remember what we used to call it. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane!!!

Beth

Amy said...

I am! I am still singing "Shot Through the Heart"... ah, the 80s.

Michelle E said...

hey KS! I actually found some banana clips in the store recently and had to buy 3 packs of them : P

Beth G. @SweetLifeKitchen said...

That is fantastic, I so had those clips that pulled your shirt to one side & we got slap bracelets in a party goodie bag recently!! :)

dj328 said...

does anyone remeber the game that was played @ the time M.A.S.H. (mansion, apt, shack, house)was popular; where u folded the paper to look like the top of a diamond - for lack of a better term oragami, where u would write a #, move the "fortune" teller that many times & lift that section of paper & so on & so forth...