Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Spooky Tuesday

Since Halloween is tomorrow, it only seems fitting to find some Halloween books for story time today! There were so many to choose from!!! The first three are the ones that I decided to read for story time, the last four are the runners up.








Also, we are making a CD Pumpkin Craft from DLTK's Printable Crafts for Kids. Fun, huh?

I am very sad to say that there will be no FMRNS Night tonight. My friend A has a work commitment that he just can't get out of. BUMMER!! It is actually okay (this time!) because I desperately need to write my Academic Librarian Interview paper, which is due on Thursday. So, FMRNS Night will be postponed until Thursday. Stay tuned for the fabulous movie choice of the week!

1 comment:

Mrs. Mighton said...

Sounds like great book pics! I'll have to check some of those out. While I teach older kids now, I still LOVE picture books. One of my favorite books I used to read to my students when I taught 2nd and 3rd grade was "The Halloweiner" by Dav Pilkey. I teach 6th grade now so can't really read it. I just mentioned the name of it yesterday and got a room full of chuckling, as you can well imagine! (I can't even say "balls" in class, as in "Please put the balls away," when picking them up from recess. They get way too giggly. It's ridiculous! I've resorted to just saying "spheres". "Pick up the spheres. Put the basketsperes away. Hold the sphere -- no bouncing spheres in the halls!" OMG, sixth graders!)