Thursday, October 18, 2007

PLA 2008


The Public Library Association is having it's 12th National Conference this year in Minneapolis, MN - and I'm going!!!

I have to say, I am pretty damn excited!!!

I didn't submit a request to my library to pay for me to attend the conference, because I knew they would turn me down, which is fine. So, I have to pay the registration fee, travel to Minneapolis, and my lodging for the week. Which doesn't end up being so bad.

Since I am a student, I get a crazy discount on my registration. Plus, I have a free plane ticket to anywhere because I was pumped on a recent flight. Not to mention that I have several friends and family in the MSP area, so I can stay with anyone! I'm also asking to be considered for on duty status, so I can go and have it considered work time so I don't have to take vacation. WHOOT WHOOT!!!

The highlight of the conference for me? I get to see Nancy Pearl!!! She's the author of several books, including Book Lust, and she even has her own action figure!! She's like the librarian equivalent of a rock star! In fact, I've blogged about her (and wanting her action figure!) before.

How exciting!! And what a great opportunity for a (soon to be) Real Librarian!!

5 comments:

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

get pumped on the plane often? :)

have fun!

Unknown said...

Yay!!! How exciting!!! Ok...I'm going to have to read Book Lust now...I'm hooked...and those action figures are hilarious!!!

Rhonda said...

Sounds like you will really enjoy yourself!

LOL at Amanda

bridejenn said...

That's awesome that it will all work out so well!

tinylittlelibrarian said...

Yay you! I'm soooo envious!! Not only does the program look fab, Minneapolis is my home away from home - I love it! And okay, I was just there in August for the State Fair, but still... (Their new central library is amazing!)