Monday, July 30, 2007

What did you say?

I actually got the idea for this post from another library blogger (I'm sorry - I can't remember which one...if it's you, leave me a comment, and I'll give you credit!).

Do you ever stop and think about what you say to people? I've found that sometimes, I say the most random things. And that I repeat the same lines about a hundred times a day. Here are some of the things I have caught myself saying in the past couple days...

"Wiggle the mouse...wiggle it!!!" (And since I am a big freak, this one led to the singing of "wiggle it, just a little bit" which I then had stuck in my head for the rest of the day.)

"You DO realize that you are in a library, right?"

**to a woman trying to use the self check machine**
"Oh, honey, I don't think that's going to work."
"Why?"
"Because that's your Kroger card."

"If you don't leave now, I'm going to lock you in. No, the pizza man doesn't deliver here."

"Highlight, right click, copy. No, right click. RIGHT CLICK." (How this particular woman can take graduate school classes online and not know how to copy and paste is beyond me.)

"I don't have cooties - YOU have cooties!"

"Twenty dollars more a paycheck? That's like $10 a week. That's like a happy meal, but you know what, I ain't happy."

"I'm all about rewarding good behavior."

"You aren't really trying to wrestle in my library, are you?"

"I'm just trying to mess with your head...is it working?"

"No, we don't provide child care. If you want someone to watch your kids, you'll have to take them to a day care center or hire a babysitter. No, I'm sorry, I don't babysit."

2 comments:

Courtney said...

You crack me up! And I KNOW that you were singing "wiggle it" - I also assume that there was a dance for said song???

Cassie said...

Right-click-lady reminds me of one of my particular favorites.

"No, ma'am, that's not a touchscreen. That's right just click enter with the mouse. No. No, ma'am, don't do that. It's not a touch screen, remember? Yes, that's correct, you can just hit enter on the keyboard. Ma'am, please stop poking that so hard, it's still not a touchscreen."

She musta had some *serious* short-term memory issues.