Sunday, July 15, 2007

My first confession

Confession: I am not a real librarian.

Yet...

No, I take that back. Technically I am a real librarian. According to Dictionary.com a librarian is:

1. a person trained in library science and engaged in library service.

Well, I am engaged in library service. I have been working in libraries for 9 years. (AND, I just broke out the dictionary on your ass! If that doesn't scream librarian...) The problem is that in many library systems, to be officially called a librarian, you have to have your Masters degree in Library and Information Science. That surprises a lot of people (for instance a couple of my cute little teen volunteers - "you have to have a MASTERS degree to be a LIBRARIAN?!?!"), but alas, it's true.

I, however, am well on my way to becoming a real librarian. I have one more semester left before I can officially call myself a 'real librarian.' I hope you don't mind my premature insistence of my librarianship, as it is only a matter of time before it's for real!

Now that we have that out of the way, let me tell you a little about me.

I'm a North Dakota girl, but one of the many Nashville transplants. I've been living in Nashville for over 5 years now, and I LOVE it. It has become my home. I love my friends, my job, and pretty much everything about my life in Nashville... I will be sad when I have to leave - but more about that later.

I am recently married to a wonderful man, Scott...who doesn't necessarily agree with my Internet addictions (in fact, when I told him I was thinking about starting a blog he scoffed 'you need another Internet addiction like a hole in your head... Don't tell him I'm also thinking about another piercing). We were married in Cozumel, Mexico on November 18, 2006 in the most amazing beachfront ceremony. Ahh, paradise - I can't wait to go back!



I work as a library associate 1 (that's what they call us peons who don't have degrees) in the children's department in a large branch of my library system. I LOVE IT!!! I get to do story time for preschoolers, plan parties and activities for the kids, order books. It's seriously the best job ever, and perfect for me.

Occasionally (okay, okay, more than occasionally), I have to deal with some...interesting patrons. I'll more than likely be sharing some of those stories, along with random thoughts and more stuff about me.

I think that's enough for right now! I'm nervous and excited about blogging...I am a little worried that I won't have much to say, but I am really excited about it, too! Hope you enjoy! happy reading!

9 comments:

RACHEL said...

Love it! Welcome to your new addiction, KS!

LW said...

Whoo hoo! Welcome ;) Love ya KSue!

Sarah Gemba said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, Miss Katie Sue!!!!!! Looking good!

kaitlin said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!

April Ziegler said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Don't worry, you'll think of things to say... or you can just post gorgeous wedding pics when you're stumped ;-)

Beach Bum Marcie said...

Yo honey!! LOVING IT!! :))) YOU ARE A HOTTIE....

Marcie

Me... said...

I knew we'd convince you!! Love it!

Carmen said...

Great start Katie Sue :)

Miss ya tons!
Carm

bridejenn said...

Love it! Can't wait to read the next installment!