Monday, July 16, 2007

Tuesday = Best Day of the Week

I LOVE Tuesdays. People go on and on about Fridays and Saturdays, and I really enjoy those days, too. But Tuesdays...

Tuesday is the day when I have my Preschool story time. I get to read fun stories to sweet little kids who just LOVE Miss Real!! We always read 3 stories, do a finger play or a song and watch a short video based on a book. Then we either do a craft, or just a coloring page. Sometimes, the kids give me their coloring pages as a gift, and LOVE that I proudly display them behind the Children's reference desk.

I always do a theme. Last week it was cows. This week we are having "New Books," brand new books that were just ordered and delivered to the library.



The other reason I love Tuesdays is because of Fabulous Movies Real's Never Seen Night. My friend "A" and I have been getting together every Tuesday for the past 3 years. Before that, our movie watching was more sporadic. "A" became my first friend when I moved to Nashville. The whole fabulous movie thing started one night while "A" was asking me if I had seen this movie, or that movie... And I hadn't. "A" decided that he was going to take it upon himself to educate me, and I am so glad he did!!! Some of the movies on the list that I hadn't seen before FMRNS was developed include:


The Color Purple
Jaws
Gone With the Wind
The Graduate
Charlotte's Web
Indiana Jones (all of them)
Several Audry Hepburn movies
and pretty much all the Hitchcock movies.
We watch movies from every genre and decade. We have now watched over 150 movies.

The movies aren't the only thing, though. We always have a fabulous dinner, some great snacks, and our reality talent competition of the moment (American Idol, America's Next Top Model, or the current obsession, So You Think You Can Dance) And we laugh...a lot. In fact, we have been known to laugh so hard that our tummies hurt and we have tears rolling down our cheeks. We call that "A's Pilates." We always have so much fun!!!

Tonight's feature:

Cocoon

2 comments:

Sarah Gemba said...

Awww I used to LOVE story time! You bring back such awesome memories of my library-filled childhood!

janineb said...

Every 6 months or so I try to institute a "great movies" night. it usually peters out after 2 or 3 nights. I think your friend Andrew and I would get on smashingly :)