Sunday, July 22, 2007

And it's over...no spoilers...

Of course this is about Harry Potter!!! *wink*

On Friday, my boss let me leave for a little while so I could stand in a line when Borders opened to get my colored wrist band. I spent all day protecting my little orange wrist band (orange meaning I got to be among the first group to head to the cashier)...I tucked it away in a special pocket in my purse so I would have it on me all day. I even took a nap in the afternoon so I would be able to stay awake all night to read.

I arrived at Borders about 9:45. There were hundreds of people dressed up as characters from the book, a spelling bee, a raffle drawing, a costume contest and lots more stuff going on. Some of the characters I saw there included Professor Trelawny, Professor Dumbledore, several Dementors, Hedwig (seriously - this kid had white feathers plastered all over him!), Hermione, Ron, and of course hundreds of Harrys (including one in a Quidditch uniform that looks amazingly like the one in the movies!). Oh, and don't forget the people just in Harry Potter related T-Shirts. One family had a Miggle Mom, Muggle Dad, and 3 Muggle Born.

And, of course, the guy who was walking around in a T-Shirt in which "I'm English, I don't have to dress up" was written in SHARPIE... Seriously, I thought I was going to get high just walking by him.

Anyway, I wandered over to the start of the line around 10:15, just because I had a feeling. I ended up being the 15th person in line. Around 10:20, there were another 30 people behind me - looks like I got in line at the perfect time!

I won't go through the next hours minute by minute. With 4 cash registers going, I was out the door by 12:05, and home by 12:25. With a pot of coffee, chips, and a Mt. Dew for later, I was determined to stay up and read all night.

And, I did. I finished the book around 1:30 on Saturday afternoon. I won't say anything about it, except that it was A.MA.ZING.

I know, I know, it's just a book, blah blah blah. But, it really was pretty emotional. I bawled at certain points. I gasped at things that totally shocked me, I was surprised at some things that happened. I loved the ending.

Thanks to J.K. Rowling for this amazing series.

And now, I'm off to read it again.

No comments: