Thursday, July 26, 2007

Ode to my mom...

Today is my mom's birthday!!!


Seriously, my mom is pretty much the coolest person I know. She is just an amazing spirit, and I feel so lucky to have her.

She was always there for me when I was growing up. Whenever I needed her, she stood by me. She gave great advice and helped me through anything. I have always felt that I could tell my mom everything...well, almost everything.

My mom is a BLAST to hang out with. She is fun, funky and has the most infectious laugh. She loves to drink and party, and can drink me under the table. I remember when I was in high school, I couldn't wait to turn 21 so I could party with my mom and her friends (who are all just as awesome as she is!). I love hanging out with them when I am home - they are all SO MUCH FUN!!!

She (along with my dad) was very supportive of my choice to move. Though she had never experienced the need to move away from home, she understood that striking out on my own and finding my own way was very important to me. I will be forever grateful for that.


Here are a couple fun pictures of my mom.


She is an awesome grandma!!



Both of my amazing parents...



At my wedding in Cozumel...I have NO idea what we were laughing about, but DAMN, it was funny!!!


photo by Art of Light


Love you mom. Thank you for everything.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

No comments: