Monday, July 16, 2007

I can barely contain myself!!!

Confession: I am a die hard Harry Potter fan.



If you don't know, the Seventh and final book of the Harry Potter series is due to come out on Saturday, July 21st. That's THIS Saturday!!!! OMG, I can't believe it's almost here!!!

When the 6th book, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, came out, I was at the book store around 8:00 pm, standing around, enjoying the festivities, enjoying some butter beer and cauldron cakes. I was home with my copy in hand by 12:15. Unfortunately, I had to be at work the next morning, so I forced myself to stop reading at 4:00 am. After work, though, I was back to reading!

In honor of the release of this book, I threw a Harry Potter party at my library. We made some crafts, played Pin the Scar on Harry Potter's Face and ate cockroach clusters, pretzel wands, Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans and, of course, butter beer. The kids had a blast!!!



This year, I went to the book store and put my copy on hold the day they announced the release date. I plan on going to the store the minute it opens to get my colored wrist band, so I can be among the first to walk out of the store with my book. I don't have to work on Saturday this year (WOOHOO!!!), so I will probably be up reading all night. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

I am also a huge fan of the movies. A fabulous friend of mine, A, and I went to the IMAX showing of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on the day it opened. In fact, we took off work at 11:30 in order to make an early show. It was all part of an incredible day which we dubbed BEST.DAY.EVER.2007, which also included an amazing dinner at Red Lobster and the American Idol Concert Tour. It was SO MUCH FUN!!!




Anyway - 5 more days, baby!!! WHOOOT WHOOOOOT!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

yeah!!!! I am soooo excited for the book. I just hope it gets here on Saturday before I have to leave for the theatre!