Wednesday, August 1, 2007

FMRNS

FMRNS = Fabulous Movies Real's Never Seen Night. My friend 'A' and I have been getting together every Tuesday for the past 3 years. Before that, our movie watching was more sporadic. 'A' became my first friend when I moved to Nashville. The whole fabulous movie thing started one night while 'A' was asking me if I had seen this movie, or that movie... And I hadn't. 'A' decided that he was going to take it upon himself to educate me, and I am so glad he did!!! Some of the movies on the list that I hadn't seen before FMRNS was developed include:


The Color Purple (1985) with Danny Glover, Whoopi Goldberg and Oprah Winfrey.


Jaws (1975)
Gone With the Wind (1939) with Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh

The Graduate (1967) with Dustin Hoffman and Anne Bancroft.
Charlotte's Web (1973)
Indiana Jones (all of them - 1981, 1984, 1989) with Harrison Ford.
Several Audry Hepburn movies
and pretty much all the Hitchcock movies.
We watch movies from every genre and decade. We have now watched well over 150 movies.

The movies aren't the only thing, though. We always have a fabulous dinner, some great snacks, and our reality talent competition of the moment (American Idol, America's Next Top Model, So You Think You Can Dance, On the Lot). And we laugh...a lot. In fact, we have been known to laugh so hard that our tummies hurt and we have tears rolling down our cheeks. We call that "A's Pilates."

It is always an experience and always an adventure, and ALWAYS a lot of fun!!!

No comments: