I stole this meme from Pop Culture Librarian! And like she said on her blog, feel free to steal - stealing is fun!
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
I bought a new car!!! Her name is Lexi, and she's a 2004 Buick Rendezvous!! I might blog about her soon!!
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I'm not a resolutions kind of girl, so I didn't make any this year. I have however, made a book-ish resolution for next year!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
An friend of mine just gave birth yesterday, in fact!! (Congrats to J, B, and baby A!).
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Fortunately, I didn't have anyone close to me die this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
I've stayed put all year!! DH and I had hoped to go somewhere cool for our first anniversary, but it didn't work out. Hopefully I will travel out of the country next year!
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
A real vacation!! I am desperate to go someplace warm and tropical!!
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory?
Um, I don't know if anything happened that was really ETCHED into my memory. There were some cool moments and some good things that happened, but nothing that intense!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating from UNT with my Masters degree in Library Science!
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't like to count failures. Like Pop Culture Librarian said, that shit is toxic.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Besides one or two head colds, I made it through unscathed!!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I'm going to have to say Lexi, my new Buick Rendezvous!!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I'm going to have to go with me - I buckled down (one of my mom's favorite phrases), and kicked myself into finishing my Masters at a pretty fast pace. I am very proud of myself and I think this is definitely a cause for celebration!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Again, I'm going to have to agree with Pop Culture Librarian - World events certainly can make my mood go over into the bad place.
14. Where did most of your money go?
To the wedding loan, and probably a bunch of crap.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I sound like a broken record, but I was REALLY excited about graduating!!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
One of the most stand out songs of the year for me was Umbrella by Rhianna - not that it has anything to do with 2007, nor will it specifically remind me of 2007...
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Yeah...fatter...
c) richer or poorer? In terms of money? Poorer. In terms of life fulfillment? Richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I always want to read more.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Stressing about things that don't matter.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with my DH, lounging, watching movies and eating a delicious meal!
21 is missing. Couldn't be bothered to stick around, apparently.
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I was already in love (and recently married) at the start of 2007, but I fall a little more in love with my DH every day!
23. How many one-night stands?
Nope - I'm a good little married girl!
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Grey's Anatomy. Oh, and all those reality competitions (American Idol, Americas Next Top Model, So You Think You Can Dance, On the Lot).
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Um, what?! What kind of question is this? Well...there is one person that would be in the "I hate him" category, if I hadn't already written him off as less than pond scum.
26. What was the best book you read?
I read a lot of really good books this year. That's all you get - I'm not going to specifically answer this question!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
My greatest musical discovery... Well, I wasn't very adventurous in my musical tastes this year. I mostly stuck to Top 40. But, when I was loading songs from some of my old CDs into my MP3 player last night, I found a CD that I hadn't heard in for-evah (The Refreshments - Fizzy, Fuzzy, Big & Buzzy). I have always loved that CD, and was excited to pop it in my player again!
28. What did you want and get?
A happy and healthy 2007.
29. What did you want and not get?
A vacation to a tropical location!
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Favorite film that was released in 2007, or favorite film I watched in 2007? With FMRNS night, I have been exposed to some amazing movies from all different decades and genres. For movies released in 2007, I don't know if I really had a favorite.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I spent most of my 28th birthday in the airport on my way back to Nashville from WeFest.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A vacation to a tropical location!!!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Honestly, I don't pay a whole lot of attention to fashion. I try to look nice and wear flattering clothes, but it isn't a top priority for me.
34. What kept you sane?
My DH tends to keep me more grounded that I might be otherwise. Thanks DH!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ohhh, I 'fancy' Patrick Dempsey...Mmmmmm, Patrick Dempsey... *drool*
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I am definitely not going to get into politics.
37. Who did you miss?
I miss my family and friends in MN/ND...but that is going to change soon...
38. Who was the best new person you met?
All the Knotties/Nesties I met at the National DW MSP GTG in January. These ladies are some of the best people I have ever met, and I am thankful for my friendship with them every day!!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
It's not really a life lesson, but I have always believed that you can choose how you feel. I choose to be a positive and upbeat person, and sometimes that's all it takes.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Count your blessings, ignore the lowest fear. - REM, Bad Day
Overall, 2007 was a great year. My husband and I had a great first year of marriage, we bought a car, I graduated from Graduate School. I've had happiness and health and enjoyed so many things. Sure, there were some downs this year, but nothing that I couldn't handle. I am looking forward to next year and at all the adventures that await.
Happy New Year everyone!!
2 months ago