Monday, November 5, 2007

Nashville Ghost Tour

Last night, my DH and I went on the Nashville Ghost Tour. It was SO much fun, and the perfect evening for it!

I have to admit, even though I have lived in Nashville for going on 6 years, I hadn't been to a couple of places on our tour. In fact, I hadn't really walked that part of downtown Nashville at all! It's sad, because Downtown Nashville is really beautiful! But, I suppose when I am downtown I am usually quite involved in the nightlife - all the fun honky-tonks down on Broadway! In fact, this is what I usually do when I go downtown...


Yup, that's me...dancing on the bar...

Anyway, back to the tour. We went to several places and heard some great ghost stories!! Here are some pictures from our tour (my DH was being photo journalistic, in hopes of maybe catching something on film!).

A pic from the First Tennessee Building.


The Hermitage Hotel


A couple pictures of the Tennessee State Capitol Building


That's a statue of Andrew Jackson in front of the State Capitol



This is the Southern Turf Club- it used to be a bordello for prominent Nashville men. It's now a law office...hmmmm...


Printers Alley


And of course there are ghost stories about the Ryman Auditorium!



We also heard stories from St. Mary of the Seven Sorrows, but we didn't get any good pictures of that!

And of course, you can't take pictures of downtown Nashville without getting one of the Bat Tower (formerly known as the Bellsouth tower, soon to be AT&T...but it will always be known as the Bat Tower to me!)


Hope you enjoyed your tour of downtown Nashville!!

3 comments:

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

Great photos & the tour looks awesome. We've been trying to get more into Houston & we're really enjoying it.

Beach Bum Marcie said...

IT looks like you had SO much fun!! YAY!!

Just Another Small Town Girl said...

How fun!!!