Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mr. Roboto with a twist of America

Happy Tuesday, everyone! Since we're still in the midst of our Starship Adventure Summer Reading program, I thought I would read some books about Robots. Yes, I know they aren't technically within the space theme, but I'm going to read them all anyway!! (Besides, Robots are kind of "out of this world" right? haha) Plus, as an added bonus, I have a really cute Fourth of July book that I'm going to tack on - just for fun!

Lots of Bots by Kiki Thorpe (based on characters from the Disney film Wall-E)



Hello Robots by Bob Staake



Robots Everywhere by Denny Hebson



Fourth of July Mice by Bethany Roberts



And, as always, it's FMRNS!!! Seriously, Tuesday is the BEST.DAY.EVER!! Last Tuesday, we watched Lair of the White Worm, a "horredy" from 1988 with Amanda Donohoe and Hugh Grant, and then on Bonus Night we decided to watch Bill, a made for TV drama from 1981 with Mickey Rooney and Dennis Quaid.

This week we have a couple more movies from our NetFlix queue. The first one is Fail-Safe, a Drama/Sci-Fi/Thriller from 1964 with Dan O'Herlihy and Walter Matthau. The second choice is Frankenstein Unbound, a horror movie from 1990 with John Hurt and Raul Julia. I'm not super excited for another horror, but hey - it's on the list, so it HAS to be fabulous, right??




No comments: