Saturday, July 26, 2008

An extra story time!!

HOOORAY!!!! Well, kinda... My poor coworker, Miss C (author of Children's Books - Too Cool for School and Storytimeland - check her out!! She gives great reviews on juvenile fiction and is a PRO at school age story time!) is dealing with some dental issues, and wasn't able to do her regular story time on Thursday.

It had been a while since I've had a school age group!!!

As I was browsing through the picture books, I came across a perfect school age read-aloud. And it's about one of my most favorite things...COOKIES!!! So, we had a story time about cookies!

No More Cookies! by Paeony Lewis


Who Took the Cookies from the Cookie Jar? by Bonnie Lass and Philemon Sturges


If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff


And, because I'm cool like that, I brought the kids some chocolate chip cookies. Yup, I rock faces off!!!

Also very exciting is FMRNS Bonus Night!!! We decided to watch Iron Jawed Angels, a drama from 2004 about voting rights for women, starring Hillary Swank, Margo Martindale, and Anjelica Huston on Tuesday. I just have to say, EVERY WOMAN IN AMERICA should see this movie. It is unbelievable what some women went through to give the rest of us the right to vote. We are so fortunate to have those trailblazers so we can exercise this basic right. Please, if you take nothing away from FMRNS, WATCH THIS MOVIE!!!!!

Tonight, we will be watching Manon of the Spring, from 1986 with Yves Montand and Daniel Auteuil. This is part two of a series which started with Jean de Florette (which we watched a couple weeks ago).


3 comments:

brainella said...

Iron Jawed Angels is a very good film. If you liked that, I have a book suggestion for you. :-)

"Seneca Falls Inheritance" by Miriam Grace Monfredo -- it's about a librarian in mid-1800's central NY. One of my favorites!

a real librarian said...

YAY! Thanks for the recommendation!! I just put it on hold!!

brainella said...

Let me know if you like it!