Monday, July 7, 2008

Amazing weekend!

Ahh, back to reality after an amazing weekend. Well, almost back to reality. I'm on the last day of my fabulous 4 day weekend, and it's been SO relaxing!!!!

I was lucky enough to be able to spend it all (minus today) with my DH! On Friday, we went downtown Nashville to the 4th of July celebration (rated 2nd in the nation by AOL's "Booms with a View" survey). It was a gorgeous day, sunny, not too hot, and an estimated 100,000 people!! The music was fabulous (Phil Vasssr, Michael McDonald and the Nashville Symphony all performed!), and the fireworks we spectacular. We had a great view from the Nashville Walking Bridge, though we couldn't hear the Nashville Symphony from where we were standing. (If you didn't know, the orchestra plays along with the fireworks - which makes the whole experience that much more exciting!).

Saturday, DH and I spent the afternoon just hanging out, and then decided to go to Smyrna to their 4th of July celebration. They also had a pretty good set up going on!! Lots of food vendors, live music, a black hawk helicopter and an exciting fireworks display!

Sunday, we got out around noon, and headed to the movie theater. We saw Wall-E and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Both movies were highly entertaining!!!

I also got a little reading done! I've even updated my 2008 Book List!! It's been hard to sit down and read lately - there is so much going on right now! But, I've managed to get a little done this summer, and I can't really complain about that!

So, for the rest of the day, I'm going to enjoy my freedom. Back to reality tomorrow! Good thing tomorrow is TUESDAY!!! *wink*

No comments: