Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Library excitement!

I know that few of you will get as excited about this as I did, but I just have to tell someone!

OEDb has released the Top 25 Librarian Bloggers. I stalk (I mean subscribe to) several of the top 25! Congrats to all those fabulous library bloggers!

This brings me to the exciting (for me) part. To be considered for this honor, one must be on DMOZ's Library and Information Science: Weblogs page. Which means there are over 300 librarian bloggers out there - and those are just the ones who are listed!! I can't believe I didn't know about this before!! I've been going through the list to see if there are any more that I want to stalk (I mean subscribe to)! WHOOT WHOOOOOT!!!

The other exciting thing is that registration for the Public Library Association 2008 National Conference is now open. It's in Minneapolis this year, and I gotta tell you - I want to go!!! Seeing as how I am a student, I get a special discounted rate, which means about $150 off the registration price!

Now...how to convince my bosses to let me go...hmmmmmm...

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Sounds like a big day at the 'berry!