Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Colorful story time

This week, we are reading stories about painting and art! Here are the books I chose for this week!




And, of course - it's FMRNS!!! This week, we have a couple of choices! So far, we have watched 2 of the Indiana Jones movies - Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984).The first option for this week is then Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989). (Which of course, isn't the last crusade anymore, is it? The next IJ movie - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is due out in May 2008).

The other option for this week is a romantic comedy from 1958 called Bell, Book, and Candle with James Stewart, Kim Novak and Jack Lemmon.


Either way, I'm excited! I think there has only been one movie in all the movies we've watched that I haven't thought was Fabulous. Annie Hall was the only movie we didn't even finish because it just didn't meet the 'Fabulous' expectations. My friend A hadn't seen the movie in a REALLY long time, and upon watching it again, we both decided it was NOT list-worthy.

Maybe one day I will publish the whole list in its entirety. And true to 'librarian' form, it's color coded by genre. lol

4 comments:

Amanda said...

So IJ and the Last Crusade is by far my favorite IJ movie! But Bell Book and Candle is such a cute witchy little movie. What a dilema!!!!

Tress said...

Librarian,

Just stumbled across your blog...following a chain of links across other blogs. Consider me a new reader! Very amusing writing! Confession, though: I didn't know such a thing as "library school" existed!

Carrie said...

Would love to see the list some day! Am a movie lover myself.

Middle school librarian, though. Hard to understand fascination with picture books. You help fill gaps in my knowledge.

I too am graduate of library school. They exist. Barely.

Abigail said...

oooh... Warthogs paint. Good call. Stealing that for color theme !

Thanks for dropping by!