Saturday, December 29, 2007

A book-ish resolution

I don't usually make resolutions. When I used to make then, they were of the 'I am going to lose weight' variety and resolutions like that didn't seem to work for me.

This year, though, I want to keep better records of the books that I read. I have been keeping track of the books I read this year through GoodReads (click here for a previous post about GoodReads), but I am going to be more organized about it. I joined GoodReads not long ago, so I added all the books that I have read that I can remember, not just the ones I read this year, so it's a little jumbled. Going through my list of books that I have read, I counted around 50 that I know I read this year.

Next year, I will create a post that I'll keep updating with a list of books that I have read. Not only to see how many I read in a year, but also to see what kinds of different things I am reading. I also want to keep up with the Nest Book Club board reading list for the year. They choose books from several different genres and I think this will be a great way to expand my tastes and interests!

I'm actually excited about this resolution! I can't wait to get started!

3 comments:

Beth G. @SweetLifeKitchen said...

I think that is a brilliant idea and I can't wait to see what you read! I want to read more this coming year too, I'll keep an eye out for your recommendations!

Rhonda said...

That's a great way to keep track of the books you've read. I really need to do something like that too.

Leslie said...

Awesome idea! I have been keeping track of the books I read for quite a few years now. I have been keeping a notebook, but I think for next year, I'll be keeping track on www.librarything.com. Anyway, it's a cool thing to do!