Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Froggy Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, everyone!!! I hope y'all had a marvelous Labor Day weekend!! It was great to have four days off, and though I am sad that I had to come back to work at all, at least I get to come back to work on TUESDAY!! WHOOOT!!!

Of course, it's story time day. I decided last week that I would read stories about frogs, because I found a really sweet book in our Story Time Use stash. So, here are the books I am reading this week:

Bee Frog by Martin Waddell


The Big Wide-Mouthed Frog by Ana Martin Larranaga


Hop Jump by Ellen Stoll Walsh

**previous frog story time**

And, of course, it's FMRNS!! Last week, we were going to watch The Queens of Comedy from 2001 with Adele Givens, Laura Hayes, Mo'Nique, and Sommore, but the DVD from NetFlix was damaged (BOO!) So, we decided to watch Gilda, a drama from 1946 with Rita Hayworth and Glenn Ford.

NetFlix sent me a new copy of The Queens of Comedy, so that will probably be tonight's feature! YAY!!



I have to give a HUGE shout out and THANK YOU to Shaunesay from Shaunie's Happy Place. I entered a book give away for A Babe in Ghostland by Lisa Cach - and I WON!!! WHOOOT!!!! It sounds like a great book, I can't wait to read it!!!

Also, today is the last day to enter to win Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin in my First Book Giveaway!! You have until midnight (Central Time) to enter, and I will announce the winner tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I just watched Gilda the other night too since it was on T.V. I loved it!!! My husband now likes Rita Hayworth :)

Alea said...

Hey thanks for entering my giveaway! Your blog looks really fun, I'll definitely be bookmarking it!

Abigail said...

That's funny...I read Wide Mouthed Frog on Wednesday!! :)