Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Starship Adventure Storytime!

It's the second Tuesday of Summer Reading!!! As of yesterday (June 9) @ 12:30 PM, we had already signed up 481 kids for the summer reading program!!! That's over HALF of the number that we signed up TOTAL last summer!!! We are so excited about this, obviously!! I think we even have a small number of kids who have already finished! Craziness, and I LOVE it!

To fit in with the Space theme that we have going on this year, I decided to read books about the Moon. Here are the ones I chose this week:

Bringing Down the Moon by Jonathan Emmett


I Took the Moon for a Walk by Carolyn Curtis and Alison Jay


Kitten's First Full Moon by Kevin Henkes


And, of course, it's FMRNS!!! WHOOOOT!!!! Since our last few movies have been pretty heavy dramas, A and I decided to watch something a little lighter. We just got in another copy of Barbarella, Queen of the Galaxy, a sci-fi movie from 1968 with Jane Fonda and John Phillip Law. The other option is Yankee Doodle Dandy, the musical from 1942 with James Cagney and Joan Leslie. Which one would you pick?

No comments: