Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Valentine's Day party!!

Today I am hosting a Valentine's Day party for the kids of my branch!! Yay!! It's going to be a fabulous party! I always plan to read one story, play at least one game, have two craft stations ready, and then serve a couple of snacks. I also have some activities for the kids to take home, like a Valentine's Day Word Search or a Crossword Puzzle (from DLTK Kids) Here are the plans:

Read: One Zillion Valentines by Frank Modell

Play: HEART Bingo (from Kaboose)

Make: Puffy Heart (from Kaboose)

Make: Popsicle Stick picture frames (from Kaboose)

Serve: Valentine's Day Cookies, Conversation Hearts, Sprite

Hooray!!! I love throwing parties for the kids!!

In other news, my friend A and I had Bonus Night of FMRNS last night!! We watched Wednesday's American Idol, and then our feature presentation. The Poseidon Adventure from 1972 with Gene Hackman, Ernest Borgnine, Roddy McDowall, and Shelley Winters. As always, it was a fabulous movie!! Like I said, The List NEVER disappoints!!

There are a total of 19 movies left on The List. We're trying to get through the rest of The List before I move, although there are only about 10 weeks before the tentative move date. We have no doubt that we'll make it through - but there will be many Bonus Nights and probably a couple of Double Feature nights, too!!

One of these days I'll get all organized and post The List in its entirety!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This movie was much better than the remake. Hope you enjoy(ed) it.