Friday, February 1, 2008

Another run-in with a satisfied patron

You might remember this post from the very beginning of the year. Well it seems that my fabulous co-worker, C, has had the pleasure of repeated encounters with this very happy patron. C, who writes the blogs Children's Books - Too Cool for School and B.A.B.A.E.L, relayed this encounter with our friend, who I'll name Confused Internet Guy.

First let me remind you that the computers automatically shut down 15 minutes before the library closes, and we always make an announcement at 30 minutes, 15 minutes, and 5 minutes letting people know when the library is closing. NYE (as in the previous post), was a rare occasion due to the circumstances I described in that post.

Confused Internet Guy: So the library closes at 7:45 today?
Coworker C: No, sir, we close at 8:00.
CIG: So I can use the computers until 8:00 then?
CC: No, sir, the computers shut down at 7:45.
CIG: Well, I just don't know. They shut them down one time at 5:45, so I just want to make sure.
CC: Well, sir, they shut down 15 minutes before we close, whatever closing time is that day, and we always announce it!:

C then told me in an email that this isn't the first time she's had almost the exact same conversation with him, either. She said "Apparently, you just rocked his whole foundation on New Years Eve!

Thanks, C, for letting me use your story!!! =)

1 comment:

Librarian Girl said...

Why is closing a library so damn hard? I can never understand that but it happens at my library all the time. I used to work retail and I don't recall having to kick customers out. It's so strange.