Tuesday, August 28, 2007

WHOOT WHOOT Tuesday!!

It's going to be a great Tuesday!!! Today I've decided that we are going to read stories about dancing. Here are the books for todays story time!!



We are also going to do the Tooty-Ta!! Dr. Jean has a fun version on her Dr. Jean & Friends CD. I heard another fun rock-n-roll version at my children's workshop on Saturday, but I can't remember now who the artist was...hmm, I'll have to look into that. Anyway, I bet you know the Tooty-Ta, even if you don't think you do... Here are the words... It starts off with an echo chant and then you do the actions. By the end of it, you are doing all of this:

Chorus: A tooty ta, a tooty ta, a tooty ta ta!

Thumbs up...
Elbows back...
Feet apart...
Knees together...
Bottoms up...
Tongue out...
Eyes shut...
Turn around...


It's pretty freakin' awesome watching all these little kids dance around to this song!!! You can tell they are having a blast!!! Moms have come up to me weeks later after doing the Tooty-Ta and told me that their kids are STILL singing it!!! YAY!!!

And of course, it's Fabulous Movies Real's Never Seen Night!! Tonight's feature: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade!!

1 comment:

GlimmerGal said...

You've been tagged! Check out my blog to get the details.
http://www.glimmergal.blogpot.com