Friday, August 24, 2007

Catching up with a good friend.

I have this awesome amazing friend, Lil' Jen. We have known each other since we were both active in the Hugh O'Brien Youth Leadership Organization (or HOBY). We were ambassadors from our hometowns our sophomore year in High School, and have been friends ever since. We didn't live too close to each other while in HS, so we didn't see each other too much, but we always kept in touch.

It was the same in college. We went to school a couple hours away from each other, so we didn't get to hang out much, but we always kept in touch by phone and letters and the occasional visit. After college, I moved to Tennessee, and she moved all the way to Seattle, Washington. Obviously, we don't see each other much anymore, though she has made a couple trips to Nashville to visit me!!

The last time I got to see Lil' Jen, she totally took me by surprise. DH and I were in my hometown in April having our At Home Reception to celebrate our November wedding. A bunch of us were out on the dance floor, shakin' it, when the door opening caught my eye... In walks Lil' Jen!!! I had no idea she was even home for her own vacation (she still lives in Seattle)!!! I screamed when she walked in the door, so of course everyone turned to look - BWAHAHA sorry, Lil' Jen!!!

Anyway, we don't get a chance to talk much anymore, because our lives are both so busy. In fact, we usually go a good 4-5 months between chats. But then, when you get us on the phone, you can't get either of us to shut up!! I finally got a chance to talk to her tonight, and we ended up having a 2.5 hour conversation. And I am SURE most of that was spent laughing.

Lil' Jen is such an amazing spirit, and I am so lucky to have her as a friend. It was awesome to catch up with her!!!

Thanks for calling, Lil' Jen - I love you girl!!!!!

No comments: