Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The perfect quote at the perfect time

You know how you coincidentally come upon a quote that sums up everything you are feeling at the moment you find it? Well, that happened to me, not more that 10 minutes ago.

A new book just came to my library by Lemony Snicket called 'Horseradish: Bitter Truths You Can't Avoid.'

You may know the name Lemony Snicket from the fabulous children's series called 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' starring the Baudelaire orphans. This is his newest accomplishment.

Anyway, as I was saying, the perfect quote...

I was flipping through this new book before we have to check it in and send it to the first person who is patiently awaiting some knowledge when I came upon the quote of which I speak.

To really understand WHY this is the perfect quote, you have to read the post directly underneath this entitled 'Tactless and Unprofessional." I'll give you a moment to do that...

And NOW, the moment you have ALL been waiting for...

"Fetching objects for people who are too lazy to fetch them for themselves is never a pleasant task, particularly when the people are insulting you."

Ahh, the wisdom! The bitterness of truth!!

I've just decided that this is my new favorite book. In fact, I think I will devote an entire post at a later time dedicated to Lemony Snicket's Bitter Truths - I mean, there is some serious wisdom in these pages!!

I know you can hardly wait...but you have to. And that is yet another bitter truth.

No comments: