Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ribbitty Story Time

Happy Wednesday, y'all!!! I am excited about today's story time!! I found some great frog books, and had a few more kids this time, so it was really fun!!

Opening Song: Shake My Sillies Out - Raffi

Book: Little Quack's New Friend - Lauren Thompson


Song: Five Green and Speckled Frogs

Five Green and Speckled Frogs
Sitting on a hollow log
Eating a big delicious bug (Yum! YUM!)
One jumped in to the pool,
Where it was nice and cool,
Now there are Four green speckled frogs!

(repeat until no speckled frogs are left on the log!)


Book: The Wide Mouthed Frog (a pop-up book) - Keith Faulkner


Rhyme: Humpty Dumpty

Book: Jump! - Scott Fischer


Craft: Paper Plate Frogs from DLTK-Kids.




The kids LOVED the pop-up book!! I might have to see what other ones I can find to incorporate into story time!

HOOOORAY for the return of FMRNS!!! I am excited, we've had a little bit of a break, but we are getting back into the routine again! WHOOT WHOOOT!!!! Tonight we have 3 choices. First, Persepolis, an animated French film from 2007. Our second choice is And the Band Played On, a heavy drama from 1993 about the AIDS epidemic, starring Matthew Modine and Alan Alda. The third option is Legal Eagles, a comedic mystery from 1986 with Robert Redford, Debra Winger and Daryl Hannah.

I have a feeling we'll choose the comedic mystery, we've had a couple dramas lately! Which one would you choose?


1 comment:

Miss Lynn said...

I have seen all three of those movies, although the last two were ages ago. I kind of didn't get what all the fuss over "Persepolis" was about; I guess it was told in an interesting way, but the story really didn't go that deep, and the ending was very unsatisfying. If I had to watch one of them again, I would probably choose, "And the Band Played On."