Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lost stuff Wednesday

Happy Wednesday, y'all!! I am excited to say that even though there was snow on the ground this morning, I actually had some kids (and parents!) brave the weather to come to story time! YAY!!! I have to admit, I was sure that I'd have to save this story time for next week. Glad I was wrong!!!

Anyway, we read books this week about lost stuff.

Opening Song: Shake My Sillies Out - Raffi

Book: Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems


Song: Where is Thumbkin?

Book: Who Ate All the Cookie Dough? by Karen Beaumont


Nursery Rhyme: Little Bo Peep

Book: Where's My Teddy? by Jez Albrough


Craft: Toilet Paper Roll Telescopes (or binoculars)
For this craft, I cut out pieces of paper the size of the TP roll, and wrapped them around the rolls. That way, the white of the paper was easier to decorate or color, depending on what the kids wanted to do. Since we had so few kids, and I had extra TP rolls, I let them make two and stick them together to make binoculars.


HOOOOOORAY!!! It's Wednesday, aka FMRNS Night!!! WHOOOOT WHOOOOOOT!!!! And I can't contain my excitement, because the latest season of American Idol has started!!! There were some really great auditions last week - and some REALLY bad ones too!!!

We have been postponing the viewing of Persepolis for a couple weeks now, so that is what is on tap for tonight!

No comments: