Thursday, May 26, 2011

Buggin' out

I don't know if y'all know about Cicadas, but they are out in full force here!! They are almost deafening with their song, and they are EVERYWHERE!!! It is because of this reason that I chose books about bugs for my Toddlers!!

Opening Song: If You're Happy and You Know It from Favorite Children's Songs CD.


Book: I Love Bugs by Emma Dodd


Song: Itsy Bitsy Spider

Book: I Love Bugs by Philemon Sturges


Rhyme: Bees in the Hive
This is the beehive, but where are the bees? They're hidden inside where nobody sees! One, two, three, four, five...BUZZZZZZZ!!!! (bring out fingers while counting to 5)
Taken from Perpetual Preschool - Bug Songs

Song: I'm a Big Cicada (to the tune of I'm a Little Teapot) I have to admit, this one was more for the parents - they appreciated it!!
I'm a Big Cicada with eyes of red,
I fly around and hit you on the head.
I crawl up from the ground and climb a tree,
I make a funny noise that's just for me!
Taken from Perpetual Preschool - Bug Songs

A special treat for the Monday post - A and I decided to reschedule FMRNS and had it on Monday night instead! It was an amazing movie - a deep foreign drama from 2004 called The Sea Inside, starring Javier Bardem.
This week is full of excitement on TV!!! First, the season finale of Glee (which was awesome - I mean, come on...you can't get any better than Brittany's original song "My Cup!!"), then the season finale of AI (**spoiler alert!! I'm kinda surprised Scotty won, but Lauren is gonna do great things anyway!!).
But, the thing I am MOST excited about... The Season Premier of SHOOBIE!!! (Also known as So You Think You Can Dance). Shoobie is what A and I have called it for seasons. This is actually a little more exciting that American Idol - gotta be honest!!! That's tonight, and I can't EVEN WAIT!!!!!!!

No comments: