Saturday, May 21, 2011

Librarian or Songwriter?

Have I ever told you that I'm a songwriter? Ok, so not really, but I do tend to make up random songs on a very regular basis.

I do have one song that has quickly become a staff favorite here at the Fabulous Public Library. In fact, we sing it almost every night at closing. It is, after all, The Library Closing Song. Please, feel free to incorporate this song into your nightly ritual - it adds a nice sense of solidarity for the staff to have a sing-a-long. Also, it's awesome, if I do say so myself.

So, this song is to the tune of "Lock the door, keep out the devil." And now...the lyrics...

Lock the door, keep out the patrons!!
Lock the door, keep the patrons in the night!!
Lock the door, keep out the patrons!!
When they're gone, everything is alright!!
When they're gone, everything is alright!!

Now, if I were a braver librarian, I would record the staff singing it and post it here - but then again, maybe not...

No comments: