Thursday, February 10, 2011

Love is in the air

Since Valentine's Day is on Monday, I decided to have...what else? Valentine's Day stories!!! I, unfortunately, had to go to a required all day class, so I wasn't able to actually be there for story time. Luckily, I have a fabulous manager, and she was story time's special guest hostess this week!!

Book: If You'll Be My Valentine - Cynthia Rylant


Song: One Red, Two Red, Three Red Valentines (to the tune of One Little, Two Little, Three Little Indians). Found at Preschooleducation.com - Valentine's Day songs.

Book: Mouse's First Valentine - Lauren Thompson


Rhyme: Five Little Valentines Found at Preschooleducation.com - Valentine's Day songs.
Five little valentines waiting in the store
Somebody bought one, and then there were four.

Four little valentines for you and me
Somebody bought one, and then there were three.

Three little valentines wondering what to do
Somebody bought one, and then there were two.

Two little valentines thinking up some fun
Somebody bought one, and then there was one.

One little valentine said, "Buy me and run!"
Somebody did that, and then there were none!

Book: Be Mine, Be Mine Sweet Valentine - Sarah Weeks


Craft: Heart Wreaths from allcrafts.net


Well, usually on Wednesday, A and I have FMRNS. Unfortunately it snowed a bunch last night, and I wasn't too excited about venturing out in it. So, FMRNS has been postponed to Saturday night. But, it's going to be a FMRNS Double Feature!!!! WHOOOOT!!! It's been a while since we had one of those!!

My friend A went to see Black Swan (with Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis) in the theaters and LOVED it. He totally decided that it was "listworthy" when he saw it a second time. He told me that he is more than happy to see it in the theater again, and it is to be our next installment of FMRNS!! After we get out of the movie, we're headed to A's place to watch 88 Minutes, a thriller from 2007 starring Al Pacino and Alicia Witt. I'm SO excited for Saturday night!!!!

No comments: