Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Piggy story time

I love Tuesdays! I love Tuesdays!! I love Tuesdays!! And Tuesday is today!! (sung in my best "I love Tuesdays" voice).

That's right, Tuesday story time is here again! I just realized that I had never done a story time with a Pig theme, so I bet you can guess what we are reading stories about today!!

If you Give a Pig a Pancake by Laura Joffe Numeroff


Not a Stick by Antoinette Portis


Piggies by Don and Audrey Wood


And, as always, it's FMRNS!! A and I had a couple bonus nights last week. First, on Tuesday, we watched Fiddler on the Roof, a musical from 1971 with Topol and Norma Crane. I loved this movie!! The music was awesome, and Topol? He has the sexiest voice (him and Sean Connery)!!!

On Friday, we watched But I'm a Cheerleader, a comedy from 1999 with Natasha Lyonne and Michelle Williams. We were also able to get together on Sunday for an impromptu bonus night, where we watched Flash Gordon, a cheesy Sci Fi movie from 1980 with Sam J. Jones and Melody Anderson. It was AWESOME!! **singing** "Flash!!! AHHHHHH!!! Savior of the Universe!!! Flash!!! AHHHHHHH!!! He'll save every one of us!!!" Queen did the soundtrack, and it ROCKED!!!

Tonight, we're going to watch Strictly Ballroom, a dramedy from 1992 with Paul Mercurio and Tara Morice. We might even do a Double Feature, but we haven't officially decided yet... =)

P.S. Today is the LAST DAY to enter my Hannah's Dream giveaway!!! I will announce the winner tomorrow!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!


4 comments:

brainella said...

Audrey and Don Wood books rule!

bermudaonion said...

I love Fiddler on the Roof, but boy, does it make me cry.

Bonnie said...

I love reading If You Give a Pig a Pancake with my son when he was younger! It was one of our favorites.

Amanda said...

Hahaha I remember watching Flash Gordon when I was little. I can still remember the "Flash! Ahhhahh!" song while he's flying around. Too funny!