Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The last story time...

Wow, typing that made me tear up just a little... I can't imagine how I am going to be at the actual story time!!

I decided today to do a story time of favorite books. I asked my supervisor and my fabulous coworker C what their favorite books to read at story time are, and I think we came up with a darn good program today!!

My supervisor's favorite book:
Something from Nothing by Phoebe Gilman


My fabulous coworker C's favorite book (it's also one of my favorites!):
And one of my favorite books:
Little Pea by Amy Krouse Rosenthal


Last week, when I told my story time family that this week would be my last story time, I totally started crying. Who knows what will happen this week. But, to make myself feel better, I plan on wearing a red feather boa.

Since tonight is Tuesday, it's FMRNS!!! WHOOOT!!!! I told y'all that A and I were trying to get to 299 movies, and we are about 4 shy. Tonight, we are going to do a double feature, but I'm not exactly sure which ones we are going to watch. We had a plan, but that plan might backfire because the NetFlix movies we were going to watch aren't here yet. We do have 2 other movies we can watch, but we had hoped to save those until 298 and 299... But, you do what you gotta to make the grade, right?

The movies we had planned to watch are Starman, a Sci-Fi Adventure from 1984 with Jeff Bridges and Karen Allen. The other one we had planned on watching is The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, a foreign film from 2007 with Mathieu Amalric and Emmanuelle Seigner. But, Starman won't be here until tomorrow, and The Diving Bell and the Butterfly hasn't been turned back in at the library yet (NOOOO!!!). Like I said, we do have two other movies. The first is Brokeback Mountain, a drama love story from 2005, with Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal. The other one is Legend, a Sci-Fi Adventure from 1985 with Tom Cruise, Mia Sera and Tim Curry. So, I'll give you an update as to what we watched!!


We watched quite a few movies this past week. Here's what was on the list:


F/X, an action thriller from 1986 with Bryan Brown and Brian Dennehy.

Laurel and Hardy Shorts: Sons of the Desert (1933) and The Music Box (1932).

Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, a foreign film from 1988 with Carmen Maura and the delicious Antonio Banderas.

He Said, She Said, a comedy from 1991 with Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth Perkins.




p.s. I found my sports bra!! YAY!!

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Good luck. It's nice to see someone who's passionate about their job.

April Ziegler said...

I hope you have a FABULOUS last storytime! I'm sure you'll be missed, girl.

brainella said...

I felt the same way when I left my kids at story time. It will be good! :-) And the Pigeon is hilarious.

Azull said...

Good Luck today, you will be missed i'm sure.

FullzGirl said...

Katie Sue, is that you?!? It's me!