Thursday, June 16, 2011

One World, Many Stories - Traveling Adventure

In keeping up with the Summer Reading theme of "One World, Many Stories," I decided to take the kids traveling! It was a great story time with a bunch of fun books!!

Opening Song: Shake My Sillies Out - Raffi

Book:
Dinos on the Go by Karma Wilson


Song: The Animals in the Jungle (to the tune of Wheels on the Bus) (Taken from The Perpetual Preschool - Jungle Songs)
The monkey in the jungle goes ooh, ooh, ahh, ooh, ooh, ahh, ooh, ooh, ahh!
The monkey in the jungle goes ooh, ooh, ahh, all day long!
continue with tiger (grr, grr, grr), snake (sss, sss, sss), etc.

Book: Way For Away on a Wild Safari by Valeria Petrone


Song: I'm a Little Teapot (just to get them up and moving!)

Book: Greetings from Kiwi and Pear by Joyce Wan


Craft: Jungle Safari



And can I get a WHOOT WHOOOT for FMRNS?!?!?! We were super excited because it was the first performance show of Shoobie (aka So You Think You Can Dance or SYTYCD). The performances were SO AWESOME!!! This is going to be a great season, for sure!!!

Then, we watched In the Valley of Elah, a mystery from 2007 with Tommy Lee Jones and Charlize Theron (who is A.MA.ZING!). It was a fabulous mystery!!!

You know, I should really update the list with everything we've watched since I got back. Maybe that'll be my next blog project (blog-ject?).

No comments: