Tuesday, June 21, 2011

One World, Many Stories - Havin' some fun!

Ok, so this week's Toddler Storytime doesn't really fit in with the whole Summer Reading theme of One World, Many Stories. But, I gotta be honest - I found these books fun, so I decided to read them to my little ones!!

Opening Song: If You're Happy and You Know It from Favorite Children's Songs CD.


Book: How Do You Make a Baby Smile? by Philemon Sturges

Song: Itsy Bitsy Spider

Book: Let's Say Hi to Friends Who Fly by Mo Willems


Rhyme: Hickory Dickory Dock

Interactive Playtime

I also have to say, one of my regular little boys (2.5 years old) had a major breakthrough at Toddler Time. He's always very good and very attentive, and you always know he is involved, but he never talks. This time, he actually participated, made faces and did actions with the books, and sang Itsy Bitsy Spider (just one of the reasons why I repeat some of the more popular rhymes and songs, to help them learn them!). It was AMAZING!!!

The other super cool thing that happened at Toddler Time was another one of my regular little boys (about 20 months old), grabbed me by the finger and led me into story time. It was the cutest thing, EVAH, and I seriously teared up a little.

Just gotta tell ya... BEST.JOB.EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: