Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Who's ready for a story?

At long last (well, a week...) it's finally Tuesday again!!! With the help of my friend A, we came up with the theme of Shoes!! I had been struggling to come up with a theme this week, but luckily A happened to call me right when I was needing to make a decision. So without further adieu - here are the books about Shoes that I am reading this week!

Flip Flop Bop by Matt Novak



New Shoes, Red Shoes by Susan Rollings


Whose Shoe? by Margaret Miller


And, of course, it's FMRNS!!! I am excited that it's Movie Night, but not terribly excited about tonight's feature. But only because it's a horror... We tried once before to watch An American Werewolf in London (a horror from 1981 with David Naughton and Jenny Agutter), but our library's only copy was damaged. We just got it in from ILL, so we'll now have to watch it. *sigh*


Last Tuesday, we decided to go with WarGames, a drama thriller from 1983 with Matthew Broderick (LOVE him!), and Ally Sheedy . We also had Double Feature Friday this past week, where we watched Blackboard Jungle, a drama from 1955 with Glenn Ford and Anne Francis, and Escape to Witch Mountain, a family adventure from 1975 with Eddie Albert and Ray Milland.


1 comment:

tinylittlelibrarian said...

Flip Flop Bop is fun, and so summery, too!

And I've used New Shoes, Red Shoes, too.

I'm glad there are lots of shoe/foot rhymes and stories out there.