Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Vroom!! A truck story time

Happy Tuesday!! I can't believe it's been a week since my last post - I am slacking! I have a couple cool things I want to blog about, so I'll have more posts this week!

Anyway, it's TUESDAY, which means it's Story Time Day!!! HOOOORAY!!!!! A great new book about Trucks came in last week, so that inspired a Truck story time! Here are the books I read:

Five Trucks by Brian Floca


A Truck Goes Rattley-Bumpa by Jonathan London


Tip Tip Dig Dig by Emma Garcia


And, of course, it's FMRNS!!!!! Since yesterday was Memorial Day, and both A and I had the day off (my poor DH had to work - boo!), we decided to do a Double Feature Monday!! However, we were only able to watch one movie. The DVD for our second feature, which was to be Barbarella Queen of the Galaxy, was all messed up (and we forgot the back-up copy on VHS at work!). But it's all good, because we finished up School House Rock instead!! The feature that we DID get to watch was Private Benjamin, a comedy from 1980 with Goldie Hawn (LOVE her!), Eileen Brennan and Armand Assante.

Tonight's feature is going to be Twin Peaks. We are not watching the whole TV series, but just the 2 hour long Pilot episode. We had been having major problems finding this (the library copies were unavailable, and we couldn't get it through ILL, either), so my good friend Lauren (aka Wilma) offered us the use of her NetFlix (Thanks Wilma!!!). She was able to get both Twin Peaks AND Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (also on the list). A and I are so excited for this feature!! We'll probably get into Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me next Tuesday.


No comments: