Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Welcome Fall!!

It's Fall!!! And that means it's time for some fabulous things in life, such as leaves changing color, football (Go VIKINGS!!), and Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks (MMMMMM!).

It's also time to read some fabulous books about Fall. I picked some great fall books out - but I have to be honest with you. This is the exact same story time I did last fall. I figured that was a whole year ago, and chances are none of the little ones will remember the exact books I read at the last fall storytime. So, once again here are the books for Fall

Fall Leaves Fall! by Zoe Hall


Mouse's First Fall by Lauren Thompson


Fall is Not Easy by Marty Kelley
It's also time for FMRNS!!! Last Tuesday, we decided to go heavy with Hotel Rwanda, a drama from 1994 with Don Cheadle. Wow, talk about drama. We also had a Bonus Night last week where we watched MOST of Tie Me Up Tie Me Down (Atame!), a foreign film from 1990 with Antonio Banderas (:::drool:::) and Vicrotia Abril. I say MOST because we were within the last 15-20 minutes of the movie when the damn library video lost consciousness. How unfortunate!! And, since NetFlix says that the wait time for this movie is "unknown," that means we'll have to scrounge around the video stores to see if we can find a copy.

This week, we once again have several choices. Here is the complete list of movies we have to choose from for this week.

Strictly Ballroom, a dramedy from 1992 with Paul Mercurio and Tara Morice.
Monte Python's Life of Brian, a comedy from 1979 with Graham Chapman and John Cleese.
Beautiful Thing, a dramedy from 1996 with Meera Syal and Martin Walsh.
But I'm a Cheerleader, a comedy from 1999 with Natasha Lyonne and Michelle Williams.
Legend, a fantasy from 1985 with Tom Cruise and Mia Sera.
Fiddler on the Roof, a musical from 1971 with Topol and Norma Crane.






4 comments:

Fyrefly said...

Some great movie choices there... I particularly love Beautiful Thing and Strictly Ballroom. Legend on the other hand... I first watched it when I was tired and a little muddle-headed from allergies, but I think even clear headed it would have been pretty bizarre. There's unicorns, and things are in slo-mo a lot, and everything and everyone is frequently covered in glitter, and there is WAY too much of Tom Cruise's upper thighs. :)

Unknown said...

I adore Fiddler on The Roof so my vote is for that one!

Carrie said...

I am STILL voting for "Every Sperm is Sacred" - Life of Brian! (But that's my favorite part!)

brainella said...

I've seen none of those films. :-) I don't get out much.