Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Germy Tuesday!

It's that time of year when lots of people are getting sick. So, I decided to do a story time about germs and feeling icky! I found some really cute books to go with this theme, too!! Here they are!




As for FMRNS, we have several choices for tonight's feature. They are The Seven Year Itch, Canterville Ghost, Somewhere in Time, Meet Me in St. Louis, Terminator 2 and Amityville Horror. Both A and I put a bunch of stuff on hold, and they all came in at once!!!

Seven Year Itch is a romantic comedy from 1955 with Marilyn Monroe and Tom Ewell.
Canterville Ghost is a comedy/fantasy movie from 1944 with Charles Laughton, Robert Young and Margaret O'Brien.
Somewhere in Time is a romantic drama from 1980 with Christoper Reeve, Jane Seymour, and Christopher Plummer.
Meet Me in St. Louis is a family musical from 1944 with Judy Garland, Margaret O'Brien and Mary Astor.
Terminator 2 is an action/adventure/sci-fi/thriller movie from 1991 with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton.
And finally, Amityville Horror is a history/horror film from 1979 with James Brolin, Margot Kidder and Rod Steiger.

As I've said before, it's always good to have a backup, but this is a bit ridiculous!!

So, it's time for audience participation!! Vote for your top two choices!! I'll let you know tomorrow which one we decide to watch! =)






6 comments:

Roberta said...

Terminator 2 is a must-see. Hands down.

Mary said...

I love me some Marilyn, so I'm voting for her & Judy Garland. Those are the only two I've seen anyway! :)

Amanda said...

I would say:

1) Seven Year Itch
2) Terminator 2

Abigail said...

7 year itch and Meet me in st. Louis

Clang clang clang with the trolley and keeping ones underthings cool in the ice box.

Besides--it's got the sunway scene! Katie musn't miss that!

Rhonda said...

Not sure if this is going to help since everyone's votes seem to be different : )

Somewhere in Time
Amityville Horror

Carrie said...

Am probably too late to make the vote, so I'm gonna go more than 2. Terminator 2 and Seven Year Itch, hands down. Then Somewhere in Time and Meet Me in St. Louis. Amityville Horror sucks after you are about 15 years old. (Sorry if I offended Amityville lovers - personal opinion of film only! I'm as full of it as the next guy!)