Monday, December 19, 2011

Random Favorites

It was a weird week in story time! I had a performer call out sick just two hours before a very special Fairy Tales program, and then I had a group from a ballet school in town come to perform a program for my regular preschool story time - but I didn't even know they were coming!!! They only stayed for the first story time, though, and I didn't want to use my already planned story time (because it was super exciting, and wanted to use it for BOTH groups). So, I scrambled again and picked out a couple of my favorite story time books.

Opening Song: Shake My Sillies Out - Raffi

Book: Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale by Mo Willems


Rhyme:
Hey Diddle, Diddle

Book: Dinosaur vs. The Library by Bob Shea (LOVE this series!!!)



Dance: The Freeze - Greg and Steve (from Greg and Steve We All Live Together Vol.2)

Book: Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.

Craft: Since I still had lots of supplies, I decided to make the crowns again!! I LOVE paper plates!!!


It's another edition of FMRNS!!! The feature this week was The Crow, a drama from 1994 starring Brandon Lee and Rochelle Davis. I remember thinking this movie looked really weird when it came out, and didn't really have a desire to see it. But, I trust my friend A wholeheartedly when it comes to what is on The List, so we watched it. I was NOT disappointed!!

No comments: