Wednesday, February 16, 2011

African American Author Spotlight

Since February is African American History Month, I decided to spotlight an African American author in my story time!! I have read Kevin Lewis' books in story time before, and they always go over well, so I thought he should be my spotlight!

Opening Song: Shake My Sillies Out - Raffi

Book: My Truck is Stuck! by Kevin Lewis


Song: Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star

Book: The Lot at the End of My Block by Kevin Lewis


Song: Alphabet Song

Book: Tugga-Tugga Tugboat by Kevin Lewis


Book: Chugga Chugga Choo Choo by Kevin Lewis (I usually only do three, but the kids practically begged me to do another one, and I just couldn't say no!!)


Craft: Hand Print Wreaths




Hip Hip Hoooooooray!!!! It's Wednesday, so it's time for FMRNS!!!! This evening, we are planning on watching Swiss Family Robinson, a Disney classic from 1960, starring John Mills and Dorothy McGuire. Far cry from Black Swan, don't you think??

1 comment:

Lishie said...

We love Tugga Tugga Tugboat!