Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day for the toddlers

I am super excited to announce that my Toddler Story Time is really starting to pick up!!! I had a nice group of kids - and a good mix of regulars and newbies!! YAY Story Time!!!!

Opening Song: If You're Happy and You Know It from Favorite Children's Songs CD.


Book: Mouse's First Valentine by Lauren Thompson


Song: Blow a kiss (to the tune of "Clementine")
Blow a kiss, blow a kiss,
blow a kiss, my Valentine,
Blow a kiss, blow a kiss,
blow a kiss, my Valentine

Repeat with
Send a hug (hug self)
Dream of me (lay head on hands as if sleeping)
Be my friend (hold hands with another)

Book: Be Mine, Be Mine Sweet Valentine by Sarah Weeks


Song: One red, two red, three red Valentines

Book: Sweet Hearts by Jan Carr (they were doing so great, so I thought I could squeeze in another story. Next time, I will either skip it, or choose a shorter one)


Interactive Playtime

Oh, and then I sweetened them up with cookies before I sent them home!!

No comments: