Friday, March 7, 2008

Lists of Ten

Nancy Pearl (author of Book Lust and all around Super Hero Librarian - with her own action figure) gives USA Today a list of her favorite libraries in America in this article! I'm excited to say that I'll be going to the Minneapolis Central Library when I'm in Minnesota for the Public Library Association Conference in a couple weeks!! I'm also excited to say that I'll be attending Nancy Pearl's session at PLA on Wednesday, March 26th! YAY!!!

McSweeney has a fun post up right now - Ten Reasons to be a librarian/Ten reasons NOT to be a librarian. What a fabulous Pro/Con list - I can relate!!

In other news, I just scheduled an "Oral Examination" with a county library in MN who responded to my application! Luckily, they are holding these examinations when I am in MN already for PLA - handy, right? As far as I can tell, if I do well on the OE, then I will be placed on an eligibility list. And even though (as my blog friend The Hedgehog Librarian InfoDiva pointed out) it sounds more like dentistry than an interview, I am still kinda looking forward to it!

I'm also preparing another application and will send it out early next week. WHOOT!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Congrats on scoring the "oral examination." I am sure you will do wonderful! I am jealous -- you get to see Nancy Pearl! Have fun!!!