Sunday, March 9, 2008

Library question of the day

A young man, a senior in high school, came in to the library today. I know this kid pretty well, he used to be one of my Volunteens (yes, I said volunTEEN. One of my very own made up words. Feel free to use it!!) a couple of summers ago. He's a great kid, very personable and likable. He didn't volunteen this past summer, because he was plagued with a real job. Bummer! Anyway, D the Volunteen is the proud patron featured in our Library question of the day.

D the Volunteen: Do you have a copy of The Kite Runner on audio?
Real Librarian: Nope, sorry - I actually just checked out our copy yesterday.
DtheV: Damn. I have to read it for class and I still have, like, 200 pages left!
RL: Well, you better get reading then!
DtheV: You read it, right?
RL: Yup, I did!
DtheV: Well, let me ask you a question, then.
RL: Sure!
DtheV: How did the setting reflect...
RL: (not even letting him finish) BWAHAHAHAHA - DtheV, I am SO not doing your homework for you. Go read.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

In the time that it took him to drive down the Library, he could have read 100 of those pages himself!

April Ziegler said...

Haha... it was a nice attempt on his part.

Jen said...

Haha, nice try! ;)