Saturday, September 17, 2011

Veggies!! My favorite!!

Just because I've been on a huge veggie kick this summer because we have the BEST Farmers Market ever!!! So, I decided to spread the veggie love a little with my preschoolers!!

Opening Song: Shake My Sillies Out - Raffi

Book: Night of the Veggie Monster by George McClements


Song: Good Food Song (taken from the Vegetable Activity Theme page from Child Fun)
To the tune of Old McDonald

Vegetables are good for me EE I EE I O
And so I eat them happily EE I EE I O
with a carrot here and a carrot there,
here a carrot, there a carrot, everywhere a carrot, carrot
Vegetables are good for me EE I EE I O!!

Book: Little Pea by Amy Krouse Rosenthal (this is one of my most favorite story time books!)


Rhyme: 5 Big Tomatoes (adapted from a song found on the Vegetable Songs and Music page from Everything Preschool). I also made my own flannel board pieces for this song!

5 big tomatoes in a bowl
One fell out and it started to roll
It bumped the table, and it hit my toe,
Now how many tomatoes in the bowl?

and so on...and so forth...


Book: Monsters Don't Eat Broccoli by Barbara Jean Hicks


Craft: Vegetable Baskets taken from First School.



For this weeks FMRNS. we decided to go with a drama with some feel good vibes!! Resurrection, a 1980 drama, stars Ellen Burstyn, Sam Shepard, and Richard Farnsworth. This was definitely a fabulous movie!!!

No comments: