Thursday, June 23, 2011

One World, Many Stories - Australian Animals

Today, I took my preschoolers to Australia to show them a couple of animals. Granted, what I really wanted to do was a Wombat storytime, and this Summer Reading theme made that easy!! I couldn't find a good Wombat craft, though, so I added a Koala into the mix, and we ended up with a fabulous storytime!

Opening Song: Shake My Sillies Out - Raffi

Book:
Wombat Walkabout by Carol Shields


Rhyme: Humpty Dumpty

Book: Sometimes I Like to Curl Up in a Ball by Vicki Churchill (this was the reason for the Wombat storytime - I LOVE this book!!!


Dance: The Freeze by Greg and Steve - We All Live Together Vol. 2

Book: Can you Cuddle Like a Koala? by John Butler


Craft: Toilet Paper Koalas from DLTK-Kids.



As you know, it's also WEDNESDAY!! WHOOT!! Usually, it would be FMRNS, complete with Shoobie(!!!), but we've had to reschedule. We'll be taping Shoobie (yes, I'm still using my VCR. As long as it works, right??), and probably watching it along with Thursday's results show (with NO COMMERCIAL BREAK!!). We've also decided on a movie that neither of us has seen yet, and we're going to decide if it is listworthy. I have a feeling it will be, we've both heard fabulous things about it.

We will be watching the 2010 drama, The King's Speech, with Colin Firth and Helena Bonham Carter. I've actually been dying to see this, so I'm really looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

We LOVE "Sometimes I Like to Curl Up in a Ball" in this house.
Sometimes I like to yell ever so loud, not that I'm cross, I just like how it sounds!!!
Great book choice Librarian!