Sunday, August 10, 2008

A fabulous week!!

Sorry it's been so long since I've blogged. Things have just been going really smoothly, and I've been caught up in this fabulous week. I think we left things off on Tuesday, which is just fabulous in itself.

Well, for those who didn't know, it was my birthday on Wednesday!! I turned a lovely 29 years old - though I've been telling people that it was the first anniversary of my 28th birthday. haha (and not because I am afraid of turning 30, but just because I think it's funny!) Anyway, I took the day off work (because iI don't believe people should work on their birthday), and enjoyed the hell out of it. I spent most of my time sitting on my balcony and reading. I did get a couple errands run (like selling my old books to a bookstore), but mostly I just enjoyed relaxing.

Wednesday night, my friend A and I had Bonus Night of FMRNS. We were also stoked because it was the final dance show of Shoobie (aka So You Think You Can Dance). It was fabulous, of course! I would have been happy no matter which of the top four won. After Shoobie, we watched Awakenings, a drama from 1990 with Robert De Niro and Robin Williams.

Thursday, I decided to take half a day off because I have the time and felt like I should. So, once again, I spent much of the day sitting on my balcony and reading. I finished The Last Summer (of you and me) by Ann Brashares, and it was a great book!! She did a great job of telling the story and I really felt for the characters. Thanks to Amanda for the recommendation!!

Anyway, Thursday came and I couldn't not watch the finale of Shoobie without my friend A! So, I headed back over there for an extra FMRNS Bonus Night! We were excited to be able to watch the finale of Shoobie together, since we both thought I would be moved by now. But this is not the case, and we are taking advantage!

For our Bonus Night movie, we watched Silk Stockings, a musical from 1957 with Fred Astaire and Cyd Charisse. Oh, the music! Oh, the dancing! It seemed like the perfect movie to go along with the finale of Shoobie!!!

Friday was my normal day off. In the morning, I started doing some packing (getting ready for the move, ugh. I HATE packing!) After I felt I got a nice chunk done, I decided to, once again, spend a lot of time on the balcony just reading. I got my copy of Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer from a friend for my birthday and was finally able to get started on it.

Saturday was another lazy day, though I did do more than read. I had lunch with a good friend (Thanks again for lunch, M!!! We'll have to do it again soon!!!) at the Olive Garden and got to see some pictures from her wedding (beautiful!). After more reading (and finishing Breaking Dawn!), I went over to another friends house for a barbecue with my closest friends in Nashville. It was exactly what I wanted in a birthday party. Very chill, with kabobs on the grill and corn on the cob, and a Bloody Mary bar!!! It felt so good to be just hanging out with them. Thanks to all of you for making it so awesome!!!!!! You guys TOTALLY rock my face off!!!

Today is going to be another fabulous day, to be sure! My friend A and I are going to have a Weeds Season 3 Marathon!!!! We are so excited - we have been dying to find out what happens since our last Weeds Marathon (which would have been a LOOOOONG time ago - when season 2 came out)!!

As you can see - its been an awesome week. I don't know how I am going to go back to work tomorrow!! Yuck.




4 comments:

Azull said...

Sounds like a nice, relaxing week w/a birthday inbetween!

brainella said...

Happy birthday! Another August baby. Glad it was lovely. Can't beat that!

Amanda said...

Happy birthday!!!! It sounded perfect! Great books, great movies, great friends...sigh :)

I'm so glad you enjoyed The Last Summer (of You and Me). Yay!!!!

Librarian Girl said...

Happy birthday! (A bit late). Sounds like it was great.