Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Worms anyone?

Happy Tuesday!!! I know I have been a blog slacker - I apologize. I really need to get my ass back in gear, don't I? Well, we'll start with this FABULOUS Tuesday post!!!

As you know, it's Story Time Day!! WHOOOOOT!!!! I am excited for today's program because we have a special guest!! The Metro Beautification Commission is coming to present a program about...WORMS!!! To be quite honest, all I can really say about that is...EW!!! But, I know the kids are going to love it, and it's going to be fantastic!!! No books today, though!!

And, as always, it's FMRNS!!!!! We got a couple more movies in from my free trial of NetFlix, so we are pretty pumped about that!!! Last week, we were lucky enough to have a Bonus Night, where we watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind, a Sci-Fi movie from 1977 with Richard Dreyfuss and Teri Garr. I just LOVE Bonus Night!!!

This week, our two choices from NetFlix are Bill, a made for TV drama from 1981 with Mickey Rooney and Dennis Quaid. This was actually a two part series, Bill and Bill: On His Own (1983). We have already seen the second part (that was an accident - but even without the back story from Bill, it was fabulous - and easily followed). After watching Bill: On His Own, I know just how emotional Bill will be. In fact, after the first 10 minutes of Bill: On His Own, I was BAWLING!!! with tears streaming down my face I told A "I was SO unprepared for this!!" At least I know what's coming this time!!!

The second option is Lair of the White Worm, a "horredy" from 1988 with Amanda Donohoe and Hugh Grant. I am not quite in the bawl your eyes out drama mood, so I am guessing we'll be watching this one!! Besides, Lair of the White WORM seems to fit in with the Story Time theme, right?!?!

AND, we have about 5 hours of Shoobie (aka So You Think You Can Dance) to watch!! I always tape (yes, tape - as in VHS. I am still in the stone age!), the episodes and then bring them over to A's to watch. Since we decided to do a double feature last Tuesday, we didn't get a chance to watch Shoobie, so we have the episode (and results show) from two weeks ago, as well as last weeks episodes!! Not to mention Hell's Kitchen (they're down to the top 3!!). It's going to be an awesome evening!!!


No comments: