Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My sweet and thoughtful DH

I was stressed out about this whole Capstone thing way before it even started. My sweet dear husband has been giving me pep talks, telling me I will do great and things will be fine and all that good stuff.

Even so, I have to admit that I was a little upset to learn that on the two (almost) full days that I had taken off work to sit home and work on Capstone - he just happened to be off those days, too.

The reason I was upset is because my DH is distracting!! Not on purpose, but seriously, I don't want to be stuck in the guest room (which is also my computer room/office) in front of the computer while he is sitting in the living room relaxing! I want to be hanging out with him or going out into the world with him doing something fun - or even something tedious like grocery shopping!

So, in a state of almost panic, I told him that he had to find something to do on these two days away from the apartment so I could focus... Even though the Capstone Guide said "If you are lucky enough to have a support person at home or someone to call upon, ask him/her to check in on you or leave you alone" (I SWEAR it says that!), I felt immediately guilty for practically kicking him out of our apartment.

I am lucky, though, because he understood my need to focus and was totally willing and able to disappear for two days so I could work on my Capstone Experience.

Well, when I got home from work on Tuesday (I worked for 3 hours so I could do story time!), there was a note on my computer that said "I love you! You can DEW it!" And waiting for me in the fridge was a bottle of Mt. Dew - my FAVE!!! Ok, so it might be a little cheesy, but I thought it was incredibly thoughtful!!

Tonight, after disappearing for a couple hours, he returned with shrimp fried rice, beef lo mien and egg rolls. Mmmmmmmmmmm!!

Whatta guy!!! Thanks baby!!!


And, DAMN!! Ain't my man FINE?!?! *wink*

5 comments:

bridejenn said...

What a great guy!

Fashion Mom said...

What a good hubby! mmmm, shrimp fried rice.... Man I hate the cleanse.

Christy said...

Awww how sweet of him. The little things count.

Rhonda said...

Awwwwww....what a great husband!!! Tell him that my DH will be the first one signed up when he decides to give lessons.

Anonymous said...

That is sweet!

And I know what you mean about how they can be distracting... Thank goodness for fantasy football or my house would never get cleaned on the weekends!