Friday, July 20, 2007

Library race track...

The library I work at is basically just a straight long building. And, if I had the energy of some of the kids who come into our library, I would probably find it very tempting to run as fast as I could from one end of the building to the other. (Although once...or twice...when the library was all closed and locked up and all the lights were off, I did a couple cartwheels down the hall...but don't tell).

I don't, however, have the energy to do that. And watching those kids makes me tired...

I can't tell you how many times a day I ask kids to stop running in the library. It's a library, not a playground or a race track. And when these kids are running around the library, where are their parents?!?! Why am *I* telling your kids to stop running in the library??

This does occasionally get me into trouble. I once told a kid to stop running in the library, and his mom actually came up to me looking all huffy and said "I would appreciate it if you didn't tell my child what to do."

Well, I would appreciate it if *you* would tell your child not to run in the library. If you would do that, then I wouldn't have to, and I would venture to guess that we would both be happier.

No comments: